This page is dedicated to the memory of Tikvat Yisrael's matriarch Cindy Rose of blessed memory. Below are videos from her memorial service conducted on the 10th of Sh'vat, 5782, corresponding to Jan. 11, 2022 (after sundown), at Tikvat Yisrael Messianic Synagogue. May her memory be a blessing.
THE FOLLOWING VIDEO IS A SHORTER PRESENTATION THAT WAS ORIGINALLY SHOWN DURING THE MEMORIAL SERVICE.
TODAY WE HAVE LOST OUR MATRIARCH…
CINDY ROSE WAS A MOTHER AND A GRANDMOTHER TO MANY HERE AT TIKVAT. BESIDES THE FACT THAT SHE AND HER HUSBAND HOWIE OPENED UP THEIR HOME AND PLANTED THE SEED WHICH BECAME TIKVAT YISRAEL…OUR CONGREGATION…
• CINDY WAS THE SWEETEST SHEEP OF THEM ALL…
• NEVER COMPLAINED… ALWAYS JOLLY AND FULL OF JOY…HER LAUGH
SHE WAS THE MOST CHILDLIKE BELIEVER I KNOW…
Tree of Life Version
18 At that hour the disciples came to Yeshua, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And He called a child to Himself, set him in the midst of them, 3 and said, “Amen, I tell you, unless you turn and become like children, you shall never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whoever then shall humble himself like this child, this one is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
• ALWAYS HAD TO WATCH OUT FOR HER A LITTLE…
• WHEN WE WERE IN ISRAEL IN 2014, SHE WAS ALWAYS THE LAST ONE ON THE BUS, MANY TIMES WE’D BE WAITING FOR HER AND SHE WAS ALWAYS SO DISTRACTED BY THE BEAUTY OF EVERYTHING SHE SAW, MANY TIMES WE HAD TO GO FIND HER BECAUSE SHE’D GET LOST! BUT HOW COULD ANYONE LOSE THEIR PATIENCE WITH HER? EVEN IF SHE MADE EVERYONE LATE – WHO COULD POSSIBLY BE UPSET WITH SUCH A SWEET SOUL?
• THERE WAS NOT A MEAN BONE IN HER BODY.
• SHE DID EVERYTHING AT TIKVAT
• SHABBAT SCHOOL
• WORSHIP TEAM
• BUT MOST OF ALL – SHE WAS WHAT WE CALL A PRAYER WARRIOR A BAAL TEFILLAH! A MASTER OF PRAYER
HER RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD WAS PURE – AND 100% DEVOTED TO GOD EVEN OVER HER OWN FAMILY.
• DANNY TOLD ME THAT AND WE JUST SAW HER LAST DRASH ON VIDEO SHE SAID THE SAME THING – AND IT WAS TRUE ABOUT HER. SHE LOVED GOD MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.
BUT NOW, WE MUST SAY GOODBYE.
GOD USED HER, TO BUILD TWO FAMILIES.
• SHE BUILT THE ROSE FAMILY LEGACY OF FAITH
• SHE BUILT AND ESTABLISHED THE MISHPOCHA OF TIKVAT YISRAEL.
• SHE PRODUCED MUCH FRUIT FOR THE MALCHUYOT HASHAMAYIM.
CERTAINLY, MESSIAH YESHUA HAS SAID TO HER WELL DONE GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT.
FOR US, I AM REMINDED OF SOME FARWELL WORDS FROM OTHER TZADDAKIM…
Tree of Life Version
Chazak! Be Courageous!
31 Then Moses went and spoke these words to all Israel. 2 He said to them, “I am 120 years old today. I am no longer able to go out and come in. Adonai has said to me, ‘You are not to cross over this Jordan.’ 3 Adonai your God—He will cross over before you. He will destroy these nations from before you, and you will dispossess them. Joshua will cross over before you, just as Adonai has promised.
4 “Adonai will do to them just as He did to Sihon and Og, the kings of the Amorites, and to their land, when He destroyed them. 5 Adonai will give them over to you, and you are to do to them according to all the mitzvot that I commanded you. 6 Chazak! Be courageous! Do not be afraid or tremble before them. For Adonai your God—He is the One who goes with you. He will not fail you or abandon you.”
• JUST AS ISRAEL AS A NATION WAS SAYING FARWELL TO THEIR LEADER THEIR PATRIARCH, WE ARE SAYING GOODBYE TO OUR MATRIARCH TO GAVE BIRTH TO OUR CONGREGATION.
• I CAN SEE HER SAYING THE EXACT SAME THING TO US IF SHE WERE HERE – CHAZAK! BE STRONG – BE COURAGOUS! Do not be afraid…
THIS FARWELL MESSAGE REMINDS ME OF THAT OF OUR MESSIAH’S AFTER HE RESURRECTED FROM THE GRAVE AND ASCENDED INTO HASHAMAYIM, IT IS WRITTEN:
Luke 24: 45 Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 46 and He said to them, “So it is written, that the Messiah is to suffer and to rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and that repentance for the removal of sins is to be proclaimed in His name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 And behold, I am sending the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.” 50 Then Yeshua led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them. 51 And while blessing them, He departed from them and was taken up into heaven.
• NOTICE HOW HE RAISED HIS HANDS – THIS IS THE COMMON BLESSING, THE AARONIC BLESSING THAT WAS HIS LAST WORDS TO THE DISCIPLES BEFORE HE ASCENDED AND PROMISED THAT HE WOULD RETURN…
• THE LORD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU…
BUT THERE IS ONE FINAL FARWELL MESSAGE THE BIBLE RECORDS THAT I THINK FITS CINDY ROSE THE BEST AND IF SHE WERE HERE AND COULD SPEAK TO US, I KNOW SHE WOULD SAY THE SAME WORDS AS THAT OF RAV SHAUL…
2 Timothy 4
Tree of Life Version
4 I solemnly charge you—in the presence of God and Messiah Yeshua, who is about to judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His Kingdom— 2 proclaim the Word! Be ready when it is convenient or inconvenient. Confront, rebuke, encourage—with complete patience and instruction. 3 For the time will come when they will not put up with sound instruction, but they will pile up for themselves teachers in keeping with their own desires, to have their ears tickled. 4 And they will turn away from hearing the truth and wander off to myths. 5 You, however, keep a clear mind in all things, withstand hardship, do the work of proclaiming the Good News, and fulfill your service.
6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith. 8 In the future there is reserved for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not to me only, but also to everyone who has longed for His appearing.
CINDY SPENT HER ENTIRE LIFE AS A BELIEVER LONGING FOR HIS APPEARING, NOW SHE HAS APPEARED BEFORE HIM AND RECEIVED HER CROWN.
WHAT MATTERS NOW IS IF WE ALL WILL CONTINUE TO CARRY HER LEGACY.
WILL WE BE CHILDLIKE AS SHE WAS?
WILL WE LOVE AND LAUGH AS SHE LOVED AND LAUGHED?
WILL WE LIVE AS SHE LIVED?
AND WILL WE HAVE THE SAME FAITH THAT SHE HAD?
• LET US CARRY THE LEGACY OF OUR MATRIARCH…
• LET US NOT ONLY KEEP HER MEMORY ALIVE – BUT LET US LIVE BY HER EXAMPLE AND IMPACT OTHERS AROUND US THE WAY SHE DID…
• AND MAY WE TOO BRING FORTH THE KIND OF FRUIT FOR THE KINGDOM OF MESSIAH AS SHE DID.
WE WILL MISS YOU CINDY…WE LOVE YOU AND WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.
(Notes from Rabbi Eric David Lakatos during the Memorial Service for Cindy Rose ז״ל, Jan. 11, 2022).