We believe in the inspiration and inerrancy of the Word of God, with Torah as the foundation for both the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures (Tanakh and New Covenant). We accept these Scriptures, the Bible, as authoritative in our lives. It is the Tree of Life for those who take hold of it.
In accordance with the Scripture, God sent his son Yeshua, Jesus the Messiah, to atone for the sins of His people, to the Jews first, and to all whom profess Yeshua to be Lord.
As a member of the IAMCS, we subscribe to the MJAA standards for Messianic Congregations as follows:
- We believe the Bible is the inspired, and only infallible, authoritative Word of God
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Yeshua the Messiah, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious, substitutionary, and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is not only absolutely necessary but also essential for Eternal Life. Titus 3:5
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Believer is enabled to live a goodly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spirituality of all Believers, whether Jewish or Gentile, in the Lord Yeshua the Messiah. Jews and Gentiles are joint heirs in Yeshua.
- As Jewish followers of Yeshua, we are called to maintain our Jewish biblical heritage and remain a part of our people and the universal body of Believers. This is part of our identity and a witness to the faithfulness of God.
We exist as a body of Jewish and Gentile Believers in Messiah for the purpose of becoming confirmed unto the image of Yeshua, our Deliverer 2 Corinthians 3:18 and to have all men reconciled to God 2 Corinthians 5:19 and to come to the knowledge of the truth 2 Timothy 2:40 being Ambassadors of Messiah to the Jews first and also to the Gentiles Romans 1:16.
We accept God's call to become Mamlechet Kohanim v'Goy Kadosh (a Kingdom of Priests and a Holy Nation), serving the Lord our God, with wholehearted obedience. Exodus 19:5-6, 1 Peter 2:5,9. We commit to gathering regularly on Shabbat and Holy Days for corporate worship, prayer, and study of God's Word, in order to grow in holiness and to apply scriptural truth to our everyday lives. Exodus 20:8-11, 31:12-13; Deuteronomy 5:12-15 Our desire is to be a place of worship, fellowship, and service that is distinctively Jewish.
We facilitate God's appointed Feasts, Mikvah (Baptism), Bar/Bat Mitzvah preparation and other life events as rites of passage for transmitting Torah as a lasting heritage from generation to generation. Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Matthew 22:36-40
Our purpose is two-fold:
- To know Yeshua by discipling our members, regulars, and children through Biblically-based teaching, shabbaton's and havurahs (home groups) and such in order to deepen their faith and walk with Messiah.
- to make Yeshua known through equipping our Members and Regulars for personal outreach via corporate outreach to the Cleveland Jewish Community, Gentile believers interested in the Jewishness of Yeshua and individuals in Interfaith Relationships.